The Lavender Line
The countdown is now on for the Lavender Line’s Gala weekend which is set to take place on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th October.
We have a very exciting weekend in store for what is set to be one of the best Gala events yet. There will be something for everyone at this years Gala, Steam, Diesel, Thumpers, Steam rollers, traction engines, classic cars plus lots more! This year will be slightly different though, all the action will be taking place in the railways public car park where a great selection of vehicles will greet you ranging from classic cars to steam engines. There will even be steam rollers pottering about the site and around the field giving you that real close up feeling, something you don’t always get at many events.
Here is some of the highlights set to take place over the Gala weekend.
• 2 steam engines in action- 0-6-0ST Kitson Austin 1 of 1932, an old favourite who has been adopted by the railway and 0-4-0VBT Cockerill Yvonne of 1920, this will be Yvonne’s last Gala before her 10 year overhaul
• 2 Diesels in action- 0-4-0DM Andrew Barclay 805 ex WD, built 1941 and a true war hero! Plus 0-6-0DH Ruston Valiant ex MOD, built 1961 for heavy shunting duties
• DEMU Thumper unit 1133 in her new beautiful Southern green livery, the perfect example of a dedicated restoration, just take a moment to listen to her well tuned English Electric Motor
• Rileys Miniature railway with visiting engines
• Intensive timetables for both days
• Early bird and late trains
• Cab rides from the dock platform
• Steam footplate rides (Subject to small charge) Full length trip
• Great selection of visiting vintage vehicles from steam rollers to classic clars
• Laughing fish pub next to the railway serving a grand selection of real ales
• Unlimited train rides to Worth halt
• Top and tail specials/ Double headers
This is panning out to be a fantastic Gala weekend and what a great way to start bringing this busy year to an end. If you are looking for a day out with a difference look no further, unlimited steam, diesel and Thumper rides, visiting vintage vehicles, Riley’s miniature railway, full site access is just a sample of what we have to offer over the Gala weekend.
The final details of the Gala including prices, parking and timetables page and website latest news for more details on this fantastic event.