The Lavender Line
February can be a dull time of year with the short and cold days continuing throughout winter. Although we don’t run steam during February due to essential winter maintenance, we do however run a diesel Sunday service every Sunday throughout the year, something some preserved railways don’t always do..Here’s a selection of things happening at the Lavender Line during February..
Cinders Buffet is open from Tuesday to Saturday 8.45am to 4.00pm every week with tea, coffee and light snacks available..
• Sunday 8th February- Standard diesel service featuring new Class 09 09025
• Sunday 15th February- Standard diesel service.
• Half term specials- Thursday 19th and Friday 20th February: Special prices of just £5.00 for Adults and £1.00 for children which includes unlimited rides all day
• Sunday 22nd February- Standard diesel service.
As normal throughout the year the railways Cinders Buffet will be open for breakfasts from 8.30am every Sunday..
First steam service is booked for Sunday 15th March on Mothering Sunday..
What’s happening behind the scenes?.
• Resident steam engine 0-6-0ST Kitson Austin 1 has cold boiler inspection booked for mid February which will determine if an annual boiler ticket can be granted for the 2015 season.
• Privately owned 0-4-0VBT Cockerill Yvonne has her boiler lift booked for Monday 9th February as part of her 10 year overhaul.
• Work is continuing on the new Isfield North signal box which will be situated just North of the water tower, the foundations are now visible for all to see.
• Work is continuing on DEMU Thumper 1133 with her seats now located at Eastleigh for refurbishment.
Winter track maintenance will be taking place throughout February including greasing joints and the new shed extensions .