The Lavender Line
We are very grateful to the owner of 1118 who has kindly agreed a loan period for the Summer Diesel Gala.
DEMU Thumper 1118 is a Class 205 unit which has spent a number of years at the Dartmoor railway in Devon before moving on to the West Somerset railway for a complete overhaul of the paint work, to which has turned this unit into a beautiful looking example of a dark blue 205 with exceptional detail.
1118 will be running over all three days of the Diesel Gala with an intensive Thumper Timetable set for Friday 22nd July (See more details below)
• Two Thumpers in action all day (1133 and 1118)
• Intensive half hourly timetable dedicated the Thumpers
• Great photo opportunities at Worth halt and at Isfield
• A chance to see the units doubling up
• Special Thumper Friday rover tickets
• Now over three days
• Visiting Thumper 1118 operating on all three days
• Up to 4 Diesel loco’s and Thumper DEMU 1133 in action
• Parallel departures
• 3 train service
• Brake van rides
• Riley’s miniature railway hosting a selection of Diesel based loco’s
• Real ales available from the Buffet car *New for 2016
This is going to be a very special event at the Lavender Line and one you don’t want to miss. The chance to see two Class 205 units running together doesn’t come around very often. Last year, 1133 had the honour of travelling to the nearby Spa Valley railway where she found herself running through the summer season, taking part in a number of events. Following on from the success of those events, we at the Lavender Line are delighted to give you that opportunity again to hear two Thumpers working together.
Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th July will host the remainder of the Diesel Gala which will see the Lavender Line’s entire Diesel fleet in operation in some form or another over the two days. 1118 and 1133 will also be sharing the services on the Saturday and Sunday with more details of the operational notes set to be announced closer to the date.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming DEMU Thumper 1118 to the Lavender Line and we hope you enjoy the feast of Diesel action we have lined up for you over the three days.
More details of the three day Summer Diesel Gala will be announced in the coming months.