The Lavender Line
Join us for what is set to be a very special weekend as we help celebrate her majesty the Queen’s 90th birthday. This fantastic milestone for the Queen will be recognised all over the world and we at the Lavender Line would like to help show our gratitude by holding a one day special event which will mark the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Steam engine ‘Empress’ will be in operation hauling the main service train which will include our very own Semi Royal saloon once used by the Queen’s great Grandfather. Ride like royalty and experience what it was like to travel in a comfortable Edwardian carriage.
There will be union jack bunting across the site, special celebration ale in the Cinders Buffet, brake van rides behind World war two hero Andrew Barclay Diesel 221 and steam roller rides with resident roller ‘Roll on’.
Highlights of the event-
• Steam engine ‘Empress’ on service train • Semi Royal Saloon carriage in service • Parallel departures
• Diesel brake van rides behind Andrew Barclay 221
• Steam roller rides on ‘Roll on’
• Special celebration ale in the Cinders Buffet
• Union jack bunting across the whole site
• Unlimited train rides, full site access and the chance to alight at Worth halt all for standard steam prices!
• Cream tea’s available in the Cinders Buffet
This is an event set for the true patriot. Come and help celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday with this event dedicated to our longest reigning monarch and enjoy a fantastic family day out.
More details to come in May